Read our whitepaper: Our guide to ESG reporting
Design Portfolio’s guidance report identifies the importance of material environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting. As companies aspire to achieve stakeholder trust and greater societal impact, clear and impactful ESG reporting is becoming more relevant than ever.
The guidance identifies how linking ESG to strategy, the business model, risk management and governance can be done effectively and the benefits this can provide for companies.
Key takeaways from the guidance include:
- Integrating ESG information into investment decisions has become standard for long-term investors who care about sustainable value creation.
- Effective management of ESG issues and opportunities can lead to commercial successes.
- Linking ESG to strategy, the business model, risk management and governance provides important benefits in relation to internal efficiencies and stakeholder confidence.
- It is imperative that companies demonstrate how they have identified material ESG issues.
- Business success in the 21st century will be defined by more than financial profit. Ethical issues impact economic outcomes.